The Amateurs - Sara Shepard (REVIEW)

Hey guys. So I did plan on writing this review slightly earlier but of course University work got in the way. As per usual. 

Anyway, when I first heard that this book was coming out I was so excited. I have to admit that I've never read a Sara Shepard book before. I love the pretty little liars tv show but just couldn't bring myself to read the books after I already knew what happened. I really do wish I'd of read them before the tv show started though, especially after this book. 

Synopsis 
Five years ago, high school senior Helena Kelly disappeared from her backyard in Dexby, Connecticut, never to be heard from again. Her family was left without any answers—without any idea who killed Helena, or why.

So when eighteen-year-old Seneca Frazier sees a desperate post on the Case Not Closed message board, she knows it’s time to change that. Helena’s high-profile disappearance is the one that originally got Seneca addicted to true crime. It’s the reason she’s a member of the site in the first place.

To start with I thought that the whole idea of a 'case not closed' message board was amazing and really intrigued me. I love anything crime related and think that if something like this did exist it'd be something that I would love. Maybe it does...From the very first chapter of this book I was hooked. 

I read this whole book in one sitting it was so good. Throughout the whole book there is so much mystery surrounding the death of Helena. There are numerous suspects that the group investigate. One thing I really liked about this book was that actual work was put into finding the culprit, it didn't just come out of thin air. 

I also loved the characters and their back stories in this book. I felt like I really got to know all of the characters independently which is hard to do in one book. I feel like every chapter had a new revelation which kept me on my toes and meant that I couldn't put it down. I have to say also that if your a fan of twists in books then you will LOVE this one. It was the type of book that even after you've finished it all you can think is wtf. No other way to describe it.

Overall I really loved this book so much, I can't wait for the second one to come out this year. And I will 100% be reading more Sara Shepard books. 




Thanks for reading! 

Kirsty x 
Also find me on: Twitter || Goodreads ||Follow 

No comments